Wednesday, August 7, 2013

A Finished Quilt!!!

I finished a quilt!  I actually finished it about a month ago, but you may have noticed a lack of blogging in that time. 

I've been on a little bit of a vacation - my husband and I have been traveling a little for his work, a month in Salt Lake and now a month in Seattle.  


So I've been taking the time to do all sorts of sewing.  I quilted this Crazy quilt following my brother's suggestion, where instead of diagonally sewing through the points of the squares, I sew through the centers, so it crosses between two strips diagonally.  The picture above is much clearer than my explanation.


I followed the diamond pattern I had created with the stripes.  I love it!  I haven't had the courage to throw it in the wash, though.  The top is made up of so many different fabrics, I'm a little scared.  So I plan on using it until it's filthy and then giving it a go.  What's the worst that could happen, really? I'd actually rather just not think about it! 


The back is soooo cool! So simple, but the design shows through so awesomely!  It was my first time using a walking foot, as well.  After an hour of jerky, uneven sewing I realized I didn't have it on right, so once I fixed that, it worked amazingly.  


I don't know what I'm doing wrong with my corners, but they are not a 90 degree angles.  I'll have to look over those tutorials I read again before my next quilt. (Though, I'm actually excited, my next quilt is round! No Corners! So I'll have time to research my problem).


The little crease in them isn't beautiful, but honestly, I love my quilt to death anyway, imperfections and all, so I don't care!  But I'll want to make it better for future quilts that are gifts for others.  

See you soon! 
(with pictures of another completed quilt!)

No comments:

Post a Comment