Thursday, August 22, 2013

A Quilting Break ... to work on a lengthy WiP

I decided to take a quilting break and tackle a to do that's been on the list for a while.


I've been working on this cross stitch pattern on and off for the last 2 years.  Notice all the holes in the reflection of the sun set/rise?  I got frustrated because of the randomness of the stitches, so I took a break from it.  I finished the rest of the pattern (minus some stitches that require some blue thread that I ran out of) and was ready to start back stitching the outlines when I realized I had to conquer this fearful task.


And I did it!  I didn't even complain in the process.  It was manageable.  And I feel soooooo good having it done.  Now all those animals really look happy.  Before, I felt their judgmental stares.  Why hadn't I finished their ocean yet?  Now they are delighted, feeling quite swimmingly I'd say.


And here's a little quilt inspiration.  I love tile work! And I love that I can get inspiration out in the world.  So much fun looking for it.  Like a giant, never-ending, rule-less scavenger hunt.  


See you soon!
(with a completed flimsy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment