Saturday, September 7, 2013

A Knit Baby Blanket

We are moved in to our house, but we are not unpacked much at all.  So I give you another previously completed project...the knitted baby blanket!


I don't know if I will ever knit a blanket again.  It takes a looooooong time.  I had planned on making it bigger, but I wasn't knitting fast enough to keep up with the growing baby girl I was gifting it to.  So at one point I just said - I'm done!


I love that it looks like a candy cane! (Yes, the girl was born around Thanksgiving and this picture is near Christmas, so it was time to let it go).  


I used this pattern, super simple, super cute.  The only fancy technique is doing yarn overs and dropping those stitches in the next row.  (And switching colors at the ends of rows, not too bad). It's also easy enough to remember the pattern, so you don't have to keep checking back to make sure you're doing it right.


Yay for cute babies!  I'm definitely sticking to smaller projects for them in the future!  Like these hats, or this blanket.

See you soon!
(...with some more recent projects?)

No comments:

Post a Comment