Monday, January 15, 2018

Embroidered Alphabet - The Choices

I have no picture, but the paper was taped to the fabric and then taped up to a window so I could transfer the markings to the fabric with marker.  My children decided to join me. (First under my supervision, then unexpectedly when I was making dinner.  Their beautiful artwork shown below.)


I picked to embroider in green because I had the most variety in green floss, and I had decided to do an ombré effect to give it a little more interest.  So here's my pile of green. (I've allowed my children to play with the floss to distract them while I do other projects, so it's not organized.  At all.  It's a hot mess.  Yay!)



And having never done this before I don't know if I have enough of one color to do the whole thing.  (I'm still deciding if I want to just outline the letters or fill in the block parts of them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment