Friday, January 12, 2018

Embroidered Alphabet - The Beginnings

I'm on a crazy mission - I have become fanatic about cleaning, organizing, and decluttering my craft room. It’s a hodgepodge of stuff, but most importantly, projects that I’ve started and not quite finished over the last decade. Or more.  I’m trying to clear it out. Use things up, donate what can be donated that I don’t have a good use for, finish things and get them out!

Naturally, with that, I started a new project! Ha. Not surprising. But I did it for a good reason! I didn’t want to do any projects involving cutting and sewing fabric because that would involve a giant mess in the room I’m trying to clean, so I decided to start a completely new hobby of embroidery. Why not?

I found this image on Pinterest a while ago and loved it. I knew I wanted it displayed in my house (maybe kids room?) but I didn’t know how. It can't really be pieced in a quilt, my free motion quilting skills are not up to snuff for it, I didn’t want to just draw it, I don't have cool paper to put it on, and I wasn’t going to print it. So this week I had embroidery on my mind and thought, that could work. Then I found a piece of cloth that seemed like the perfect dimensions and it was already finished with a hem on the end to hang it from.  I decided to give it a try.

Since I don’t have a printer, I blew up the design on my computer screen and traced it onto paper with pencil, then traced the pencil with sharpie.  That's what I'm doing now.

(And yes, I use paper that my kids have scribbled on already, because I'm not keeping that, but I'm not wasting a basically empty piece of paper, either.  The dilemma that got me into the above situation.)

til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment