Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Braided Tshirt Rug - The Beginnings

I tend to ramble here.  I have a post waiting to be edited because it basically tells my life story as an intro to my new craft.  I am trying to settle myself down a little.  So here goes!

New craft - doing a braided tshirt rug.  I'm going to be doing a presentation to some ladies at church, so I figure I should make one so I know what I'm doing! 

Tonight I spent 90 minutes cutting up 5 L/XL tshirts.  Tada!


I chopped them up into strips between 2-6 feet and I'll be randomly pulling them from the bag to have all 5 shades mixed throughout.  I hope I like the effect.  ( I also hope this makes an ok size rug.  No other tutorial is very clear about what number of tshirts makes what size rug.  So we'll see, I guess.)


Tomorrow I'll start braiding.  (I did a mini version of this, like coaster size, as a preview for the ladies and I really enjoyed the process, so I'm looking forward to some mindless braiding as I listen to TED talks or watch Netflix or listen to a book on tape or something.)

til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment