Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Star Fun - A Quilt for my Niece

So I've been having some issues, mostly with my computer being out of commission. (It's a long angry story). But with some copy and pasting I've realized I can post through my phone, which is where all my pictures are at the moment. Hopefully this means I will be more regular with my posts. I've got enough going on to post about. So, without further ado-


Here is part of the back of a quilt that I'm making for my niece. It'll be pieced together with some blue and pink plaid houndstooth fabric. (Trust me, it looks awesome).

(Quick apology for the horrible lighting. I stayed up until 1am to finish this. I wasn't  going to wait until morning to take a picture!) 

It was fun to be able to try out techniques and be adventurous (sewing without measuring-gasp!) and realize what I liked and didn't like on a small scale. (I love the strip star in the bottom left corner!). I've heard other sewers talk about this concept and I finally get it. 

-tess

No comments:

Post a Comment