Friday, February 9, 2018

Tshirt Rug - Done!!!!

So remember how I said it was a sombrero? Look how much extra braid I had stuffed in the center of the rug before!  (This lighting makes it look sort of bluish.  The last picture in the post is more accurate for color.)


It almost reaches all the way around the rug's outer circumference.  No wonder it was buckling.


So I ended up splicing the extra braid into the end of the original braid to get an extra 2" of diameter on the rug.


And I finished it!  I've done a little more since I took these pictures - like the place where I changed colors at the bottom of that previous picture and the medium gray fabric is sticking out from the braid, that got tacked into place, along with a few other spots around the edges. 


I'll get some more detailed, close up pictures of it in it's new home soon, and get the official diameter for you, but I'm super excited.  And it's flat, I promise (the colors make it look wavy, but I swear, it's not).


See? No waves.  All flat.  Most importantly, it's done!!!

til next time...

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Gorgeous, and recycled! Great job.
    Cheers,
    Sylvia@Treadlestitches

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sylvia! It was super fun and I'm glad it worked out (1st one, always a questionable affair!)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad I was given the task to present how to do it to other women so I could learn how to do it!

      Delete