Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Tshirt Rug - 3rd time's the charm

Sooo.... I didn't get a picture, but this rug had turned into a sombrero.  
When your son uses it as a ramp for his monster trucks, you know it's not a great rug.


I think it was the stitch I was using to sew the braids together because at one point I changed my stitch and from that point on the rug was fairly flat.  (I've been told that I am using a blind hem stitch and it's working sooo great for me.)  After telling my husband the options, he suggested I finish sewing it to the end.  (Other options were to rip it out and machine sew it, or rip it all out and start again from the center)


Instead I ripped out the center of the rug until it laid flat.  I started resewing towards the center with the clearly better (for me) blind hem stitch .


It's laying nice and flat now, so I'll keep circling in til I get to the center.  Strange enough, it doesn't feel backwards to sew from the outside in.  


Wish me luck.  If it goes wrong at this point I think I may just keep it a doughnut.  I'm losing a little steam with this one.  I'm very glad I didn't rip out the whole thing.  Definitely saved me time and sanity.

til next time....

2 comments: