Thursday, July 6, 2017

Because Why Not?

My neighbor was throwing this chair out. 


 I have really wanted a cozy chair, something I can turn sideways in to curl up in to read a book.  So I decided to try a new craft - reupholstery.  Because why not? There's not enough going on in my life yet.  Let's add some more :)


I've taken it apart half way so far, the piping, the back, the sides and half of the bottom of the seat are taken off.  I hit a few spots that were unexpected in their construction and I'm trying to decide if I want to copy the original technique exactly or if I can fudge a little here or there.


I want to make sure I do it properly so that it lasts.  However, I don't want to bite off more than I can chew and in doing so, do subpar work.  I'm taking a few days to determine what I feel like taking on. But I'm excited! It's super cozy. Can't wait!

see you soon...with something, probably

No comments:

Post a Comment