Monday, June 6, 2011

Projects #6 and #7

Petals to the Metals

So I had a Scrap Night a little while ago to get rid of the duffel bag full of scraps that I own. Didn't make a dent in the fabric but some pretty flowers were created. It was a night full of experimentation and this is what I came up with.

The first was a slightly triangularly shaped fabric that I twisted and curled around itself into a flowerish shape.


The next is my favorite. It was an old mens shirt with vertical stripes. I cut it into strips, folded the strips in half so the seam was in the back and then lay them on top of each other at varying angles. I love it with the little pink button in the center.


So at the moment I just stick a bobby pin in the excess fabric in the back and pin them in my hair. And I probably wont ever do anything more permanent because hey, it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment