Thursday, April 29, 2010

Corduroy Autumn Bag

This was an experimentation. My thought process in making bags goes like this: How can I take this strange material/object and turn it into a bag? This typically leads to intricate folds and shapes that are inspired by my material. On this bag, however, I tried to use more than one kind of fabric and add some non-essentials. The result? I think it's great. It's just not really my thing.

So everything you see is corduroy pants, which makes it feel quite nice. There are four square panels of brown on each side, decorated in green and edged in orange. (I just happened to have fall colored cords lying around.) The handles are two layers, one green and one brown, and the whole thing is lined in green. I quite like the general shape and how the brown cords lie in intersecting patterns causing a nice sheen/matte contrast depending on the light.
For the most part, however, I have abandoned non-essentials. I may try again soon. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment