I did it! And don't worry, I finished it on March 3rd (just in time). I have been having a hard time remembering to take a picture of it during sun light hours. Our living room is so dark, you wouldn't be able to see it at night. I can't see it and I'm looking at it right now (I think).
So I proudly present to you, my sweater-turned-pillow case Clothing Revamp!
I love this because it serves quite a few purposes.
1. It motivates me to now recover the couches (since you can see our couches are basically the same color) which I've been wanting and planning to do for coming up on 2 years now. (I'm terrified about it, that's why I haven't done it yet).
2. I finally get to enjoy the awesome fabric manipulation I did on the sweater, since I didn't wear the sweater before, and it was on the back so I didn't see it anyway!
I still did an envelope style pillow back (with a general idea of how to do it from Martha Stewart, though I had to alter it a little because I was using a different fabric for the front). But I made my classic mistake and ended up with the bottom folding over the top - which may not necessarily be wrong, but I definitely prefer the other way around. I just always get confused when I'm sewing it inside out. One of these days I'll figure it out. Otherwise, I'm quite happy with it!
The hardest part was cutting the green knit. Since I had pulled it in so may directions and not equally on both sides or from top to bottom, it was hard to cut it in a square. Or really, it was hard to cut it so that when it was sewn to the back it would stretch properly to become a square. I think I did a pretty good job at it, though. If my backing fabric had been a little stiffer it would have helped keep a squarer shape once it was on the form, but I prefer softer fabrics for pillows (so I can snuggle my face on them without being scratched), so I like it!
Clothing Revamp #1, done!
Scrap Buster #1, done!
See you soon!